Document Delivery Team met on September 16. Of note to all library staff - we will be deleting ILLiad request history and inactive patron accounts older than July 1, 2006 at the end of December/early January. ILLiad users will be notified via email and the ILLiad alerts feed by the end of November, so that they can save their account history elsewhere, if they so desire. Also, the team has begun a project to improve the layout of the ILLiad request forms in order to make them more user-friendly. Stay tuned for these changes. We look forward to your feedback and suggestions on the new look!
Topics covered: OCLC Batchload update vs reclammation; Updating existing print serials records; policy for suppressing vs deleting item records; EDIFACT ordering; ERM updates. Alicia won the prize for the most action items.
ULC met on June 7 in the Austin Room at Tisch Library. We were pleased to welcome Laura Walters as acting director of Tisch. The following topics were discussed:
1. Team Leaders meeting on June 21. Team leaders have been invited to meet with ULC for a two part discussion on June 21. For part 1, we will ask leaders to briefly look back at FY11's achievements. For part 2, Anne will lead a discussion about ULC's planning process. Details about the structure of the discussion will be sent to the Team Leaders elist in advance.
2. Strategic Planning. ULC discussed how to approach strategic planning in FY12, with the need to do this important planning work but also knowing that we don't want to get ahead of the university-wide process that has been announced by incoming president Monaco.
3. Librarian's Guide/Promotions Team. ULC reviewed and discussed proposed revisions to the Librarian's Guide.
4. Updates - updates were circulated on SIS, Sloan Open Access meeting, and other topics.
1. Previous DPT and COT minutes were respectively approved and reviewed.
2. Serials Solutions public interface customization were made.
3. WorldCat Local request form was reviewed
4. WorldCat Local databases plan is in place. Should have a report ready for SST after our June meeting.
5. Catalog help pages are almost complete.
• Investigation of OCLC Research Library Partnerships
All ULC directors indicated interest in investigating this partnership and they would be the leading investigater for their library. Jo-Ann will report back on how Tisch plans to investigate.
• ULC Strategic Plan
Regina Corrao from Tufts ODT joined ULC to discuss strategic planning. In discussion a number of issues were identified for directors to think about and discuss with their deans. Jeff and Anne will discuss with Mary Lee since she could not attend the meeting. The upcoming ULC meeting with team leaders will provide an opportunity to get team input on the need for a strategic plan.
Team visits from SST and CLT. Discussion of Print/Copy life-of-contract costs and next steps. ULC Chair rotation adjusted and role of chair discussed. Funding granted for Staff Development Day (June 2, 2011 @ Boston Campus).
Met Assistant Provost Gary Roberts; presentation/discussion with Eliot Wilczek re: Tufts Information use policies (attachment available in Libstaff); discussed ongoing work of Promotions Team on process and revision of pages 1-6 of the Librarians Guide.
The Team discussed the Action Plan document for ULC, which will incorporate Dining Services' Service Agreement (with financial data). Printing issues at all libraries were discussed as a Team and with Conway representatives, and the need to resolve them before busy times. Equipment borrowed from Dining Services and Conway for transitioning from Conway cards to JumboCash to be returned by Feb. 28. School of Nutrition is a new site in the contract. Outstanding issues are monthly stats for photocopiers and credit for non-recycled paper shipments.
Preparations for NRE were finalized. We began review of Request Circles setup. We discussed goals for FY12 and decided we'd like to propose focusing on enhancing patron data and loads in FY12.
At our March meeting we plan to try out using Movi for remote meetings! Wish us luck!
Representatives from DPT and COT gave updates. A proposal was made and accepted to move erm vendors from TDNet to Serials Solutions and move to separate records for cataloging print and electronic serials. Encore 4.0 is available and will be implemented and made available to libraries. SST Reviewed FY11 goals and planning for FY12.
ULC 2/1/11 Minutes for Groups
Due to snow the meeting was held virtually.
1. Print/Copy Compliance Team is to be commended for their hard work on getting everything in order under the current contract. ULC will discuss the path to the next contract at the March 15 meeting.
2. ULC endorses the SST decision to go forward with NRE as soon as possible.
3. CNI attendance will be further discussed at the February ULC meeting.
The ULC reviewed the Next Generaltion Task Force Report and endorsed their recommendations.
The ULC supported the Promotions Team recommendations and passed them on to the Provost to act on. The Promotions team will meet with ULC to recommend revisions to the Librarians Guide based on the most recent promotions.
The new "Scholarly Communication at Tufts" Wordpress site was launched in time for Open Access Week with an announcement on PostService. See http://sites.tufts.edu/scholarlycommunication/. The team worked on a draft of the Tufts Open Access Publishing Fund Guidelines and also discussed a faculty question regarding faculty intellectual property with respect to learning management systems.
Staff Development Team met today to discuss team logistics (change in leadership and new members), possible small workshops for FY11, and planning for Staff Development Day in the spring. We have chosen "Mobile Technology" as the topic for this year's Staff Development Day and will be working on coming up with possible speakers and discussion topics over the coming weeks.
ULC 10/5/10 Meeting Notes, Austin Conference room, Tisch Library
Visit with new Exec. Dir, BLC, Melissa Trevvett: Melissa share her view of the strengths of BLC and asked where BLC can help Tufts. Mary Lee shared information on Open Education Resources inisitiave at Tufts and Melissa shared that this is a complex landscape and that faculty rights vary at each of the BLC institutions but BLC might have a role capturing IR materials and making them accessible.
Staff Development Team: The joint meeting focused on the tranisition in leadership and preparing for the newxt Staff Development Day.
Next meeting is 11/2 in Tisch Library.
Scholarly Communication Team. In the joint meeting the primary focus was to update ULC on team activities. Of primary interest was the pilot funding of the Fund for Open Access Publishing and Digitization with $25K to support faculty scholarship. Each school will establish guidelines for: 1)faculty research materials guidelines will determine eligibility for digitiziation into TDL including metadata and rights and 2)support for open access journal fees. Next meeting is 10/5, 2:15 in Austin Conference Room. Tentative agenda items include meeting with Melissa Trevvett, new BLC ED.
DDT welcomed Paula Cammarata to the team and discussed where we are with integrating ILLiad 8, the new version of the ILL management system, into our workflow (closer, but still not 100% functionality). We also reported on our recent meeting with SST, including plans for an informational session with CLT.
Agenda items included LibraryAnywhere, a mobile app for the catalog developed by LibraryThing. electronic book plates and reviewing our project list. A splendid time was had by all.